Designing a landscape, irrespective of whether it is for a residential or corporate setting, can be a bit hectic. You must have heard terms like ‘analysis and inventory’ from landscaping professionals, but you don’t need to worry if you are not so familiarized with these technical terms. Because ultimately all that matter is having a fair knowledge of what you have to work with and what you want to in terms of end results. In fact, there are a number of factors that you need to consider before you design the landscape if you want to do it the right way and create a mesmerizing space that wows the viewers and acts as your own private area to relax and have some quality time with your loved ones. Listed below are some of these factors–
- Structure or lay of the land – The lay or structure of the land are the primary things that you have to consider before designing a landscape. Check out if the area is sloping and decide whether you would like to install a pool or a grove of trees in the region, after which you can choose the garden design ideas accordingly. Before you make any design plans, ensure that you have reviewed the area from every possible angle to judge what best fits the place and would accentuate its beauty. Sometimes, certain design plans, which are especially meant for difficult land areas, might require a few days more than is normal to complete. So, it’s important to plan your timeframe for the landscaping project and adhere to the schedule.
- Size of the area – This is one of the major factors that influence the entire landscape designing plan. While you can try out a number of things and experiment to a great extent with a large area, a small area has certain limitations in terms of what can be added and what can’t be installed. It might be equally difficult to plan something innovative for a small as well as a large area, which is why you need to plan everything in great detail, keeping the size and area of the land in mind.
- Utility and purpose of the area – While designing a landscape, you must determine how you want to use the space and for what purpose you are going to use it. Usually, the common uses for outdoor spaces include cooking and dining, entertaining, swimming, relaxing, playing, gardening etc. So, deciding what exactly you want to do in the landscape well in advance will help you assess different landscape design ideas and take your pick from them based on what fits your needs the best.
- Environment and the climate – The climate and the environment of the region you live in influences the landscape design ideas to a great extent. The design idea, which will be suitable for a sunny area, can’t be installed in a shady area. Therefore, consider the climatic factors like that of wind direction, views, water flow and drainage, overall weather etc before crafting your landscaping plans.
- Nutrients and soil type – This is one of the most important factors that play a key role in choosing the right landscape design idea. Make sure the soil has all the required nutrients and will support the types of plant that you are going to select. Figure out the type of soil at the very beginning of your landscaping project and then decide which plants you should grow. Consider running a soil test and amending the soil, if necessary.
Creating your dream landscape takes time and proper planning. Considering the factors as mentioned above will help you get the plans right and achieve the desired end results.