Do you feel envious every time you look at your neighbor’s well-manicured, pristine lawns and professional landscapes with rich colors and textures? If yes, and you want a similar one for your home, hiring a professional landscape design company will suffice your need perfectly. With their hands-on experience and expert skill sets, professional landscape designers on board such a company will plan your garden, following the relevant landscaping principles. And even when you can’t afford to hire one, there are some easy, straightforward ideas that you can implement yourself. You just need to take out some time from your regular schedule and be a little patient. In order to get an aesthetically pleasing landscape design, you must need to visualize how it would look finally. Whether you hire a professional landscape company or prefer to do it on your own, you must have a basic idea about the key landscaping principles, some of which are listed below –
- Choose the focal point and design your landscape around that – Whenever you are going to plan a landscape design, the best trick is to choose a focal point, i.e. the point of your garden design where you want to draw the interest of the visitors. Depending on the size of your garden, you might decide to keep one or more focal points, which can either be naturally occurring elements or strategically placed ones to create the best aesthetic appeal. Though there are several methods of creating a focal point, most of them are based on the sense of contrast. One of the most common methods used to design a focal point is combining some non-natural objects with otherwise natural components. For examples, you can put in some bird baths, bench swings, statues, bird feeders in your garden.
- Select the right texture – Texture is another important factor of designing a garden. While choosing the texture, you need to keep in mind what types of plants you would use, how they will be grouped, and how they will affect the overall theme of your garden. Texture usually refers to the shape, size, smoothness or coarseness, and weight of the foliage. Using some white texture is a popular method as it creates a strong sense of contrast.
- Focus on the landscaping color – Color is one of the most important things that create a unique impact among the visitors. You can choose the colors based on the principles of color wheel. You can either use a monochromatic color scheme, which can be achieved by using various shades of one single color, or an analogous color scheme, where all the colors used are placed side by side in the color wheel, or even a complementary scheme in which the colors are opposite to each other.
- Consider the scale and proportion properly – Whether you have a small yard or a large lawn, make sure that all the elements, used in your garden, are matched with the scale and proportion of the surrounding pieces. Whenever you plan to buy a certain piece, consider the key aspects – height, length and width. This will help you avoid buying the things that are disproportioned for your garden. For example, you won’t like to put a big fountain in the midst of a small yard. Again, if you are planning a private garden, creating a feeling of peacefulness and relaxation is important, for which you can use low scale landscaping.
Some other factors that should be considered include:
- The right blend of variety and simplicity in the landscape
- The correct ratio of subordination and dominance of different elements in the landscape, and
- Creating the right plant combination to evoke vitality and glamour
So, use these landscaping principles while designing your garden, or hire a professional landscaping company that can handle the job fast, with efficiency, and at cost-effective rates.