If you have a beautiful garden, you shouldn’t limit yourself to enjoy it only during the daytime. By investing in creative and quality outdoor lighting fixtures, you can accentuate the beauty of your space and ensure effective security – all at the same time.
Here are some key types of illumination fixtures for your outdoors from which you may take your pick:
- Post and Wall Lights: Be it decorative wall lanterns that can light up your patio or porch, or stylish post lights that are ideal to illuminate the outdoor spaces, you can get these items in a variety of designs, colors, and price ranges.
- Decking Lights: Choosing the right deck lighting is all about selecting those fixtures that are unobtrusive and stay almost hidden during the day, but become functional as well as attractive by night. Common types of deck lighting include downlights (ideal for covered decks), spotlights (can be the perfect tool to highlight features like a barbecue or spa area), and floodlights (though rarely used in gardens, you can mount them high up to illuminate your pool or garden area).
- Ground Lights: Inground lighting plays a crucial role in your landscape. Be it halogen globes or LEDs to illuminate your decks, walkways, and regions along the perimeter of your home, or inground uplighters to make your trees and bushes sparkle under the night sky, you can use them to increase your outdoor’s aesthetic appeal. Security Lights: Starting from security lights with a dusk-to-dawn sensor, to switch-controlled lighting, and illuminating fixtures with built-in motion detectors, you can choose from a variety of options to increase safety and security around your home.
- Solar Lights: Apart from precious savings on your electric bills, environment-friendly solar lights can also give you the chance to illuminate your outdoor space by going green. Whether you are looking for embedded lighting, standalone lights, or other fixtures, you can get them all by doing a targeted search. String and Curtain Party Lights: LED string lights, paper lanterns, multi-LED string lights, mesh string lights, net lights, curtain light etc are all ideal to infuse the air with excitement, which is just the right way to prepare for a party. So, whether you are planning a BBQ with friends and family, or throwing a party for your neighbors and acquaintances, you can set the right mood with these lights.
Tips to accentuate your outdoor space’s aesthetic appeal
Once you have chosen your lighting fixtures from the choices mentioned above, you can get ready to make your outdoor space an inviting zone. Here are some tips to remember in the endeavor:
- Use ground-level fixtures that point upward to illuminate landscape and architectural elements.
- You can improve safety and visibility of a step or a group of steps by using step lighting.
- Enhance the beauty of your walking surface with pathway lighting, which will also improve safety when people access these areas.
- If your outdoor space has stucco or brick surfaces, you can accent their texture with wall-wash lighting.
- If you don’t wish to accentuate a specific feature or object, and would rather light up large areas like play zones, lawns etc, you can opt for area lighting.
- Make the less visible or darker areas of your home lit up with no-glare lighting fixtures that are placed strategically to ensure security and safety of your property.
- To highlight the shape of architectural features and designs, such as statues, shrubs, trees, and fountains, the ideal solution lies in shadowing and silhouetting.
- Specific objects can be illuminated with spot lighting.
- You may use general lighting fixtures for pond and other water features, or use special fixtures to highlight underwater designs or objects, such as murals, statues, and tiles.
Armed with these tips, get ready to give a makeover to your outdoor space.